Z.J. Loussac Library Renewal
- The Loussac Library Renewal is a large, multi-year project, that will be completed in multiple phases.
- The first phase of the Renewal is a stand-alone project for a new entrance, estimated at $16M, with $4M project funding in place.
- The Entrance Renovation addresses immediate building safety and accessibility issues, recreates the space for the 21st century, and
furthers our goal of improving educational opportunities and facilitating community collaboration.
Click here for more information.
Click here for ADN Compass Piece.
Anchorage to ask state of Alaska for $652 million in capital funds. December 4, 2013. Sean Doogan—Alaska Dispatch.
Anchorage's branch libraries mirror neighborhood needs. December 2, 2013. By Sean Doogan—Alaska Dispatch.
A crumbling building and a technology shortage hamper Anchorage's main library. December 1, 2013. By Sean Doogan—Alaska Dispatch.
Facility Master Plan - Released March 18, 2013
A year in the making, the Loussac Master Plan is a result of detailed planning by architects, designers, technology and library experts, and thoughtful and creative input from thousands of community members. The Plan sets a path to transform the Loussac into a dynamic and interactive hub for community engagement.
Video Overview of the Plan (3 min)
Volume 1: Research, Analysis + Engagement
Existing Conditions Diagrams
Vision + Guiding Design Principles
Volume 3: Facility Master Plan Recommendations
Volume 1 Appendix
Volume 2 Appendix
- Opportunities to learn, share, teach and collaborate, using advanced technology and traditional methods.
- More spaces for community gathering, meeting facilitation and group learning.
- An attractive, easy to navigate building, with increased natural light for a safe and welcoming experience for users of all ages and backgrounds.
- A building that is more efficient to operate.
Share your Thoughts and Spread the Word!
The success of the project depends on a high level of community involvement. Help us spread the word to your friends and neighbors! Here's how:
- Click here to post a comment or submit a photo on our online discussion board.
- Click here for a summary of our community engagement.
- Click here to see who's on our Community Task Force.