Loussac Library Entrance Renovation:
Vote Yes on Prop 3-April 1!
Why wait? Vote early! Starting March 17, you can vote early at Loussac Library, City Hall and Chugiak Senior Center. Click here for details.
Anchorage has a once-in-a-generation opportunity to replace
the hazardous staircase at the Loussac Library with an entrance that is safer, more welcoming and easier to find!
- Proposition 3, the $5.5M Facilities Capital Improvements Bond includes $2.75M for the
Loussac entrance. At $1.98/$100,000 assessed valuation, the cost to the average family is only 50
cents a month!
- The project addresses immediate building safety, energy and accessibility issues, and furthers the Library's goal in education, technology and connecting the community.
- Voters are being asked to cover just 16% of the project. The Municipality already has $4M in hand and has
requested $10M from the state legislature this year.
Click here for Loussac Bond Fact Sheet.
Click here for project overview.
Become a Library Super Champion!
The success of this project depends on your support. Help us spread the word to your friends and neighbors!
Join our team of library super champions by commiting to do 1-3 of the following tasks in the next four months in support of the Loussac Renewal:
1. Call your elected officials
2. Write a letter to the editor
3. Testify at a public hearing
To sign-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you talking points and let you know when we need your help.
News Coverage of the Loussac Renewal Project
Anchorage library boosters launch new campaign for upgrade. January 25, 2014. Nathanial Herz—Anchorage Daily News.
Click here for ADN Compass Piece.
Anchorage to ask state of Alaska for $652 million in capital funds. December 4, 2013. Sean Doogan—Alaska Dispatch.
Anchorage's branch libraries mirror neighborhood needs. December 2, 2013. By Sean Doogan—Alaska Dispatch.
A crumbling building and a technology shortage hamper Anchorage's main library. December 1, 2013. By Sean Doogan—Alaska Dispatch.